Khmer Amateur Athletic Federation (KAAF)
The Khmer Amateur Athletics Federation (KAAF), founded in 1956 and recognized by World Athletics, is dedicated to promoting and developing the sport of athletics in the Kingdom of Cambodia. Its objectives include encouraging the implementation of international athletics technical rules of competition from the basic level to high level and establishing the yearly athletics competition calendar. Membership is open to all athletics associations from ministries, institutions at national level and municipal and provincial authorities within the Kingdom of Cambodia.
The KAAF has a deliberative and administrative organ, composed of the General Assembly, the Executive Committee, the internal auditor, and the General Secretariat as delegated by the Executive Committee. The General Assembly is the supreme authority of the KAAF and determines the policy in furtherance of the aims and objectives of the KAAF. The Executive Committee is responsible for making recommendations to the General Assembly and ruling on the direction of the KAAF policy. The Internal auditor monitors and evaluates KAAF's financial management each year.
The KAAF's official languages are Khmer, English, and French, and its official emblem includes the Cambodia map in blue located in a yellow circle surrounding by a red circumference, an athlete symbol running from right to left with the abbreviation in Khmer at the top, and the wording "Khmer KAAF" in white.
To become a leading organization in promoting and developing the sport of athletics in Cambodia and achieving excellence in international competitions.
To govern and manage athletics activities to develop the sport of athletics within the Kingdom of Cambodia. KAAF aims to promote and encourage the development of athletics at the national and basic levels, publish world athletics news, establish a yearly athletics competition calendar, and train sport administrators and technical officials in athletics at national and international levels. KAAF aims to represent Cambodia at international athletics events without any political, racial, and religious concerns or discrimination in sports.
- Promote and encourage the development of athletics at the national and basic levels
- Publish world athletics news and encourage the implementation of international athletics technical rules of competition
- Establish a yearly athletics competition calendar
- Train sports administrators and technical officials in athletics at national and international levels
- Represent Cambodia at the international athletics events
- Dedication to excellence
- Transparency, honesty, and integrity
- Fairness, equality, and respect for diversity
- Passion for the sport of athletics
- Discipline and dedication to hard work
- Respect for rules and regulations
- Sustainability and strategic planning